WASHINGTON, Thurston CD – A federal judge dismissed a claim Friday by two farmers who allege the Washington State Conservation Commission violated their constitutional rights, likely sending to state court the dispute over their ouster as Thurston Conservation District supervisors…The conservation commission voted Johnson and Mankamyer off the conservation district board Feb. 20 after a one-day hearing on allegations they hampered operations and harassed staff. Johnson and Mankamyer said their attempts to supervise the staff stirred up the allegations.
NACD Annual Meeting
February 8th, 2020
82 days to go.
- Conservation District Creates Awareness about School Forests
- Communities weigh in on Oregon’s 100-year water vision
- Partners form new demonstration farm
- County approves tax to aid conservation district
- Volunteers plant trees along Washington pocket estuary to aid salmon
- Moses Lake Watershed Council holding public meeting
- In SE. Minnesota, swollen river threatens to reclaim cropland
- A funding win for embattled Thurston Conservation District