IDAHO, Clearwater SWCD – The Natural Resources Conservation Service plans to close its Orofino office, leaving Clearwater County as the only county in the area without an NRCS office. The NRCS hosts both the Clearwater Soil and Water Conservation District and the Idaho Soil and Water Commission offices, and the NRCS departure would force a closure of all three offices in the U.S. Forest Service building. Under the proposal, the NRCS would move to Lewiston and new office space in Orofino would be sought for the district and commission offices.
NACD Summer Meeting
August 2nd, 2019
16 days to go.
- Cascadia CD Awarded Grant Money for Forest Program
- Cook County SWCD offers comprehensive Shoreland Stewardship guide
- Federal grant funding made available for oyster growers in Rhode Island
- Salmon recovery efforts highlighted in Yakima Basin
- Floating islands, rain gardens and more help protect local water quality
- Volunteers explore Sangamon River wildlife
- Comment sought on grouse stewardship grants
- Efforts being made to eradicate Japanese knotweed