IDAHO, Clearwater SWCD – The Natural Resources Conservation Service plans to close its Orofino office, leaving Clearwater County as the only county in the area without an NRCS office. The NRCS hosts both the Clearwater Soil and Water Conservation District and the Idaho Soil and Water Commission offices, and the NRCS departure would force a closure of all three offices in the U.S. Forest Service building. Under the proposal, the NRCS would move to Lewiston and new office space in Orofino would be sought for the district and commission offices.
NACD Annual Meeting
February 8th, 2020
4 months to go.
- Project thins dense juniper stands, clears way for watershed
- Protecting natural resources mission of KCSWCD
- Fall Wood Chipping Registration Opened
- Successful Year for Belknap County Conservation District
- These farmers unearthed a pair of ‘soiled’ underwear after leaving it underground for two months
- Nearly $200,000 in wildfire education grants awarded to two Wenatchee organizations
- Bite of Berks takes bite out of college costs for Berks County environmental students
- Conservation District honors Chestnut Ridge forest stewards, woodlands group