IDAHO, Clearwater SWCD – The Natural Resources Conservation Service plans to close its Orofino office, leaving Clearwater County as the only county in the area without an NRCS office. The NRCS hosts both the Clearwater Soil and Water Conservation District and the Idaho Soil and Water Commission offices, and the NRCS departure would force a closure of all three offices in the U.S. Forest Service building. Under the proposal, the NRCS would move to Lewiston and new office space in Orofino would be sought for the district and commission offices.
NACD Annual Meeting
February 8th, 2020
82 days to go.
- Conservation District Creates Awareness about School Forests
- Communities weigh in on Oregon’s 100-year water vision
- Partners form new demonstration farm
- County approves tax to aid conservation district
- Volunteers plant trees along Washington pocket estuary to aid salmon
- Moses Lake Watershed Council holding public meeting
- In SE. Minnesota, swollen river threatens to reclaim cropland
- A funding win for embattled Thurston Conservation District