IDAHO, Clearwater SWCD – The Natural Resources Conservation Service plans to close its Orofino office, leaving Clearwater County as the only county in the area without an NRCS office. The NRCS hosts both the Clearwater Soil and Water Conservation District and the Idaho Soil and Water Commission offices, and the NRCS departure would force a closure of all three offices in the U.S. Forest Service building. Under the proposal, the NRCS would move to Lewiston and new office space in Orofino would be sought for the district and commission offices.
IDEA Conference (Idaho)
June 26th, 2019
39 days to go.
- Louisa County HS Envirothon Team Places First
- Fourth-grade students participate in Ag and Conservation Festival
- Workshop offered on forestry management for bird conservation
- Conservation initiative aims to assess whole farm needs, solutions
- Local coastal restoration effort gets national media attention
- Volunteers sought to help remove invasive plants
- ‘Bringing science to life’: Divine Mercy students hold trout release
- Conservation leading to local water quality improvement