DRAFT – Updated June 28, 2017
- District association: OACD (Oregon Association of Conservation Districts)
- Key contact: Executive Director VACANT
- How many districts? 45 (map)
- Enabling law: ORS 568
- Statutory name: Soil and Water Conservation District
- Abbreviation: SWCD
- Agency and role: Oregon Department of Agriculture provides oversight, guidance, and grants
- Primary funding sources: Grants, state agency, local property tax base if approved by voters
- Board members are called: Directors
- Board members in each district: 5 or 7 directors
- How many directors? …
- Elections: Elections run by county on the general ballot
- Employee association: OCEAN (Oregon Conservation Education and Assistance Network)
- Key contact: President Jason Faucera, Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District
- How many employees? 195
- Employees per district (average): 4.3
- How many field offices?
- How many FO employees?
- How many state office employees?
- NRCS newsroom: https://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal/nrcs/main/or/newsroom/